Wednesday 16 October 2013

Life Drawings

In our drawing classes, we have been drawing things from life, for my drawings I drew a model who stood in the middle of the room.

This drawing was made using black paper and coloured pastels,. It was made using a continuos line, where we wasn't allowed to remove the pastel from the paper. My favourite of the three is the last one as it has better shaping. I would improve the way I drew the models posture.



These were made using a graphite pencil. It was easy to use so it didn't take long to produce my work. I think that the first picture looks more elegant than the second. It also expresses an expression of sadness because of the models posture.





These were made using inks. The first and last are line drawings, with sharp angles, where as the second is softer and has squiggly lines. The fast one was made at a fast pace. I think that the lines communicate the feeling of sadness and loneliness because of the colours and the positioning. I would improve these by adding more depth and shading.




This piece was done with two coloured pens tied together. It gives a double image effect and it changes the way you see the shapes.



This is a collaboration picture. It was done by many people, I started it off by drawing specific shapes in various sizes, then the work was swapped around between other people and they added their own shapes and colours. I think that the outcome looks really good and unique.



This drawing was done with coloured pens, it was focused on 'shape', using a model in the middle with statues placed around her. The paper was a normal white sheet, which gives the colours a bigger effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment